- Measuring, quoting and discovering the perfect design
- Choosing your builder
- Finalizing drawings/renderings, securing permits and organizing the schedule for e cient execution
When thinking through all of the design and functional elements, it is important to know your options. Here are a few questions to ponder:
- How will our pool be used? Will it be for exercise or leisure?
- What is more important: the aesthetics or the functionality of our plaster and water line tile?
- Do we want my coping to match my decking?
- How long should we expect my pool deck to last?
- Do we want a hot tub?
- How much of an impact will a pool and water features have on our electricity bill?
- Are there alternatives to salt or chlorine?
- Do we want a shade structure, summer kitchen or fire feature?
* Project length can vary greatly depending on elements chosen during the design phase. There will be days where no work is done as it can be difficult to achieve efficient scheduling with so many unique, skilled crews.
- Dig – estimated 5 days
- Plumbing – estimated 2 days
- Steel – estimated 2 days
- Electrical – estimated 2 days
- Gunite – 1 day, but curing for a minimum of +1 day
- Equipment installation – estimated 2 days
- Coping – estimated 3 days
- Tile – estimated 3 days
- Decking – estimated 5 days
- Structures – estimated 5-10 days subject to size
- Fencing – estimated 5 days
- Plaster – estimated 2 days
- Filling the pool – estimated 2 days
After the Build
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the initial consultation and estimate free?
Do you offer financing?
Yes, through a lender specializing in construction loans for swimming pools.
How long does it take for me to get my proposal?
Our goal is to get you pricing at the completion of the initial visit. Due to the complexity of certain projects, though, it can sometimes take a few days to get you accurate pricing. Typically, pricing and drawings will be back to you within a week.
Do your standards of construction comply with what my city/HOA requires?
Yes. We maintain general liability insurance and even workers comp (not required in Texas) to make sure you are covered. We handle the gathering of all required permitting, scheduling of any inspections and the entire HOA application process as well. Our goal is to make this a much simpler process than you anticipate.
What types of plaster do you use?
We typically install Diamond Brite but can also install Quartzscape, Wet Edge or Pebble Tec.
Plaster can either blend into the background or become the major state- ment of the pool area. There are many things to think through when selecting your plaster. Will a darker color make the pool too warm? Could the texture be too rough for swimwear? What is the warranty? Will the color fade over time? We’re here to help you with these questions.
What decking options are available?
There are several different materials that can be used for the pool deck. Durability, aesthetics and temperature should all be considered when making this important decision. Whether it is our Carvestone overlay, stamped concrete, natural stone, travertine or pavers, you can rest easy knowing Allied will select the correct decking for you.
How long before I can swim in my pool?
Project length can vary greatly depending on elements chosen during the design phase and the weather. There will be days where no work is done as it can be di cult to achieve e cient scheduling with so many unique, skilled crews.
Do you offer a warranty?
Yes. Many elements of the pool will have various warranties associated with them. We will provide each of those to you as you make your selections.
What happens after construction is complete?
Allied Outdoor Solutions will manage the early stages of the health of the pool. For the rst 30 days, we will handle all maintenance and chemicals. After this period, we will hold a “pool school” during which we will teach you everything you need to know for pool owner success — everything from how to manage chemicals to how to heat your spa.
The “pool school” will cover:
- Weekly care
- Electric safety
- Trusted service companies